Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

oh god how shit has planet mu gotten?

Posted by hardoff 
Re: oh god how shit has planet mu gotten?
March 01, 2013 11:14AM
Peace You should record Badger penis and send it to Mike!!!
March 01, 2013 11:35AM
Bit-Phalanx
perrencecoriander
Whose to say Drukqs wasnt a load of old out takes ? the guy has tons of music he has even said he wouldnt release his best stuff thats just for him and his dog.

When asked why 'Drukqs' was a double album, RDJ once stated that the only reason it got released was because he lost a whole stack of mini-disc copies of various tracks and demos on a flight once, and as he wasn't sure what tracks had been lost he cobbled together a double album's worth of all that random material "just in case it ever leaked".

i thought those were the leaked analord tracks. and it was an ipod, not a stack of mini discs and demos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2013 11:36AM by CharlesWatkins.
March 01, 2013 12:51PM
perrencecoriander
Peace You should record Badger penis and send it to Mike!!!

fuck, how wasn't badger penis the theme for that end of year comp you guys all did? which reminds me...i really should have a listen
March 01, 2013 07:52PM
CharlesWatkins
i thought those were the leaked analord tracks. and it was an ipod, not a stack of mini discs and demos

In the interview you read, it probably was leaked Analord tracks from an iPod. But in the interview I read, it was definitely demos on Mini-discs he lost during a flight.

Good old Aphex folk-law!
March 01, 2013 11:45PM
ummm
at a bare minimum at least mike is doing stuff,putting out venetian snares,shitmat etc
why badmouth a legend?
kinda reeks of insecurity on some pathetic level.
compared to WARP he is killing it ,i guess that ain't sayin' much but still it's better than nothing.
March 02, 2013 12:17AM
It's called, " making a conversation ", which obviously isn't your strong point, is it?
March 02, 2013 01:20AM
Its such a shame when an artist releases a compilation, it sells out, then more are repressed. Thus making more people happy.
March 02, 2013 01:48AM
hardoff
It's called, " making a conversation ", which obviously isn't your strong point, is it?

usually not with untalented negative cunts like yourself…….hardonn !
post something 1/10 as good as hasty boom alert and maybe my left testicle will start to acknowledge your sad existence …til then you go on ignore fucky!
bye now

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2013 01:49AM by L13.
March 02, 2013 03:41AM
thanks a lot you guys, now this has to be posted twice

semteks
March 02, 2013 03:43AM
by the way, this clip was cut off right before the cameraman was violently knocked backwards into a ditch, got his wang caught on a fence and was permanently blinded in both eyes.

think about that.
Re: oh how the mighty have gotten
March 04, 2013 02:20AM
Mike is great forever. my pathetic insecurity betrays me
was an unfortunate email and decision though
March 04, 2013 06:08AM
L13
hardoff

usually not with untalented negative cunts like yourself…….hardonn !
post something 1/10 as good as hasty boom alert and maybe my left testicle will start to acknowledge your sad existence …til then you go on ignore fucky!
bye now

oh you poor man. Only have one testicle !

That happened to an old friend of mine in his early twenties. twas better than dying of cancer i spose.
March 04, 2013 06:10AM
Also, ppl repress stuff all the time. Maybe he had consumer demand and suddenly realised that he is running a business ;-p and it's not like he said that the first pressing was it forever. He prob. just din imagine that much demand.

maybe, i dunno, i don't know much about what that label or it's bossinator do.
March 08, 2013 01:26PM
listening to new Mike P tracks on the radio now. And fuck, I like them.

so that's Mike P for you... embarrassing net posters since the 1990's...

still,,,,not gonna touch "love and devotion" with a 10 foot pole. and fuck email spam. and 'heterotic' is a seriously shit band name. and he released eskmo, plus a load of autotuned vocal shite. still in my bad books, really.

not that anyone cares what I think... we're all too busy looking cool on other social media sites, right? :p

edit...missed a letter, and i have OCD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 01:27PM by hardoff.
March 08, 2013 02:05PM
apparently copies were going for ridiculous prices on ebay. So maybe he felt like boning the trolls too, eh.

I also find heterotic not good. It could be much better if they weren't so proud of what they made and polished it up. But i doubt that'll happen cause it doesn't seem to be the point of the exercise.
March 08, 2013 02:54PM
she's obviously a bit of a cutie to him and he's getting on a bit...

yeah, harsh i know, ,,, but i never asked for my mail to be spammed. I never signed up. They just took my mail address cos i bought one of the two remaining copies of Making Orange Things.

So what would you think? Put yourself in my shoes. I bought an album cos i wanted to hear someone shouting loudly through bad distortion "I WILL KILL YOU!!!"
..and then a year or so later, you get mailed about 'love and devotion". fuck right off

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 02:58PM by hardoff.
March 08, 2013 03:11PM
mike needs to listen to his own tracks. especially, the motorbike track.
March 08, 2013 09:49PM
hehehe .. you recon he needs to go to "re-mikeducation camp' eh .. ;-]
March 09, 2013 06:31PM
hardoff
especially, the motorbike track.

Still a fucking amazing track, and off 'Royal Astronomy' too.

Doesn't everyone hate that album though (which was always a surprise to me)?
March 09, 2013 08:37PM
hardoff
i wanted to hear someone shouting loudly through bad distortion "I WILL KILL YOU!!!"

if i didn't already have it, i'd buy it based on that review.
March 10, 2013 05:23AM

i wanted to hear someone shouting loudly through bad distortion "I WILL KILL!!"
being number one is hard though
if i didn't already have it, i'd buy it based on that review.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
March 10, 2013 10:37AM
Bit-Phalanx
hardoff
especially, the motorbike track.

Still a fucking amazing track, and off 'Royal Astronomy' too.

Doesn't everyone hate that album though (which was always a surprise to me)?

Whats to hate its a great Album

[youtube]z5MCD34x1Vk[/youtube]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2013 10:47AM by perrencecoriander.
March 10, 2013 11:10AM
planet who? planet moo?
March 13, 2013 03:33PM
I like that track. sounds like he was in a nice place when he wrote it. and don't say world of leather.
March 14, 2013 01:40PM
i heard Carpet Muncher on an astralwerks comp. cd that was at some concert i went to and loved that kind of sound. i think world of leather follows it, and they're probably my two favorite songs of his on that cd, if not altogether. royal astronomy was my first mu-ziq cd, so i don't at all agree with the hate for it. at least it doesn't have any "wanna be your lover" or baby crying samples on it.
March 15, 2013 02:32AM
I was in love with RA when it came out, but to me most of it hasn't aged well. The couple of standouts still carry it tho.

My first mu-ziq cds were Urmur Bile Trax and In Pine Effect... I think UB holds up better than pretty much everything else of his except Lunatic Harness, which is a downright fucking modern marvel.

Not sure where he lost me...I appreciate some Bilious and Duntisbourne, but mostly not into it.

And this latest thing to me is kind of a shameless cash-in...the tracks are basically uninteresting except for the proper release of that Peel track. But I think he's earned the right to ten cash-ins, truly, having released some truly unique music of his own AND havoig introduced so many of us to so many other fantastic artists.
March 15, 2013 02:58AM
you're a good man, Scoobs
March 15, 2013 03:52AM
I often wonder (several times per minute) how some of M-P'z later albums would've been perceived, had they been mixed/mastered in the old school astralwerks style. The Biliiuz was done by M-P himself, using T-RackS, which is why the tracks have that harsh bite to them that is a real turnoff for me. Just, fucking needles.

In Burst Your Arm and Carpet Muncher one can actually hear what the originals sounded like, by comparing those tracks and listening to Bliuoius & Dusoitonburnseourne (more bliiiooiiz, though)- they started off with that boxy+needle sound, but due to mastering, a fine balance was achieved letting the concepts shine through (enhanced bass and toning down of needlez- solid middle tonez). Like fuck- imagine how good Meinheld would be if it didn't sound like tinfoil and salt!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2013 03:54AM by peace ♥.
March 15, 2013 11:06PM
i liked the sound of billious.
March 15, 2013 11:52PM
HAh wicked photo Tweet,Fwerp. etc
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login