oh god how shit has planet mu gotten?

Posted by hardoff 
oh god how shit has planet mu gotten?
February 26, 2013 03:06PM
my gmail just got spammed. wtf?

¥
¥
¥

Due to overwhelming demand we have decided to repress a further 200 copies of the Somerset Avenue Tracks album by Mu-Ziq. We shall be selling this only via the Planet Mu site and this will be the last time this album will be available on vinyl. The re-press 2LP will be shipping at the end of March.

Mike has been busy working on his other project Heterotic with his partner Lara-Rix-Paradinas. You can hear the track "Blue Lights" taken from their debut LP Love & Devotion Here. Love & Devotion is available now to pre-order on the Planet Mu site.

¥
¥
¥

i'm seriously beginning to think that Jess did all the tracks and stuff and Mike was just there to do the dishes.
Re: oh god how shit has planet mu gotten?
February 26, 2013 03:15PM
"love and devotion" ???

make me vomit some more?
February 26, 2013 03:31PM
I think he got old. It happens to all of us.

I'm pretty bored of electronic music. I've hardly bought any electronica in the last 2yrs.
February 26, 2013 04:04PM
last music i bought were the analord vinyls and that stupid ass binder

mainstream electronic i havent taken seriously for a good 8 years. it seems to roughly coincide with the advent of internet technology for commoners

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 04:06PM by CharlesWatkins.
February 27, 2013 05:00AM
On the upside of music, Japanese major and "indies" labels are still actually accepting demos, since not everyone in Japan thinks they're a competent musician after 2 weeks of using a pirated version of Cubase Loops Pro (i.e., they have extremely high standards of self-production). So I've been thinking about making it big in Japan (haha), and then doing an international crossover. And Japan still releases quite forward pop, etc.

Like with P-Mu, etc.- just too fucking huge now. Even if you're the Beatles and have a basement full of albums ready to make hundreds of millions, mu could easily miss it cuz they're basically mail bombed with stupid shit. If you have something really, really good, it might actually benefit now to send to Warp, because their wave of demos has decreased due to publicly stating that they don't want your shit. Also, people are forgetting Warp, because they disgraced the electronic lands so much in the past 10 years.

So I think from a musician standpoint, it might be wise to find countries that have a passionate scene, but still the allure of a distant and hard to reach stardom, which is something that dies when music sending becomes so easy. Japanese labels make you sign an application form and shit, photo requirements, etc. You're basically applying for a job.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 05:04AM by peace ♥.
February 27, 2013 07:11AM
Well if it makes him another £4500 why not. It wouldnt surprise me if he had another order come in for demand. I love all the old U-ZiQ stuff, just about liked billous paths fucking hated Dunstibourne. All that old era of music I hardly buy any new electronic music because it has Ableton or some other cracked daw written all over it, it sounds so fucking dire. You think back when people wrote music they had there own preference of combinations of samplers and drum machines and mixing desks and effects, and because there set ups where all different they made music that sounded tonally different to everyone else. People approached music in a different way back then. All lost in my opinion. Release the ( old shit ) Kraken.
February 27, 2013 07:24AM
Yo, hardoff, you back in Japan? Can I come to your house and smoke some weeeed, man?! Dyude, we gotta smoke some wEEEEEEEEd, myaaaaan, and like, listen to Hasty Boom Alert on loop, played over the top of Come On My Selector.

MyAAAaAaaaAaan.
February 27, 2013 09:02AM
My mate gave me a Cheery wrapped Blunt for my birthday, man that was the tastiest joint i had ever had and it got me proper stoned.

[www.highhouse.dk]
February 27, 2013 10:39AM
I got an apple blunt a few months ago, and it defo smelt better than it tasted. :-(
February 27, 2013 01:04PM
are you coming to kyushu peace?
February 27, 2013 01:38PM
I don't have plans to, but I'll go to hang out with you to make an epic IDM event. If you're up for it! Unfortunately I don't have a video camera at the moment, so I can't make a mini documentary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 01:39PM by peace ♥.
February 27, 2013 02:26PM
you should def come down this way. I'm gonna mail u now.
February 27, 2013 07:15PM
sexy and i know it
February 27, 2013 09:15PM
Everything Mr perrence said above about electronic music having the same "kind" of sound cos its all made / edited / processed in one of about four sound engines is the same argument I've been making for years.

I even remember a DJ Hype interview from 8 / 10 Yeats ago where he said the same about how same-y dnb was becoming cos everyone was using the same synth and effect plugins.

Discrete pieces of kit forever!
February 27, 2013 10:16PM
Same could be said for acid house & techno I mean they all used 909 808 303 101 707 727 but that was what was on hand and this music was born out of pure experimentation with equipment that was ment to emulate a drummer and a bass player so in some ways it cant be helped if it sounds same-y. But the sound was alot different to what you hear today. In some ways it had more grit. Samplers wernt the easiest of things to use either, quite alot of the time they were a pain in the arse to use but there sound defined the way artists music came across.
February 27, 2013 11:50PM
February 28, 2013 03:29AM
i just can't get over that the repress (200, 185 of which for sale) is going to be rarer than the 'limited edition' first press (300), what.

well, i can get over it, cos it's not like this is Drukqs or anything, it's a µ-ziq outtakes album. ˙µ˙

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2013 03:31AM by pidgin.
February 28, 2013 04:42AM
Kettel is still good.
February 28, 2013 05:09AM
perrencecoriander
just about liked billous paths fucking hated Dunstibourne.

other way around for me
February 28, 2013 05:51AM
pidgin}

well, i can get over it, cos it's not like this is Drukqs or anything, it's a µ-ziq outtakes album. ˙µ˙
[/quote

Whose to say Drukqs wasnt a load of old out takes ? the guy has tons of music he has even said he wouldnt release his best stuff thats just for him and his dog.
February 28, 2013 06:18AM
i have a couple of sets of drukqs vinyl. They don't seem to know the value of them over here. One set i got as a free bonus cos i bought a set of 3 other vinyls for $30 total. :D
February 28, 2013 10:46AM
Mike's eyes sockets are looking FUCT in that email. OLD INDEED. unlike me! I will always be awesome!
February 28, 2013 10:49AM
would you say Mike is trying to reinvent himself as the next Michael Bolton? I sure as fuck would.
February 28, 2013 11:34AM
someone should do the humane thing and just put him to sleep.
February 28, 2013 01:39PM
anexium
Everything Mr perrence said above about electronic music having the same "kind" of sound cos its all made / edited / processed in one of about four sound engines is the same argument I've been making for years.

I even remember a DJ Hype interview from 8 / 10 Yeats ago where he said the same about how same-y dnb was becoming cos everyone was using the same synth and effect plugins.

Discrete pieces of kit forever!

uh so does every other kind of genre? which's one of many prerequisite that defines genre. using similar instruments, time sig ect, right?
just say ur bored with the genre n mov on. dont defile the genre for being definable, so something like atha6 mumnle muble ect
February 28, 2013 02:42PM
it's not so much that everyone uses the same software; the software is versatile enough to make completely different sounds and music. anyone who knows how to use a daw knows this. true when you get down to the fine details of the sound such as aliasing and stuff like that you could say they are similar but those kinds of sound artifacts only arise as a result of approaching the daw the same way. people who use a daw to record guitars and people singing arent going to worry about aliasing as someone who makes dubstep.

i would venture to say similarities in electronic are more the result of people hearing music that others have made who already are famous and rich, and seek to emulate it so that they themselves may also do so. the nature of the internet and being able to make your own tutorials for people to follow (most of the time that are just based on tutorials that they themselves followed) that can be looked up by anyone else with internet access fuels this. "how to make skrillex scatta bass tutorial pt 1"

i have a stong sense that most people who aspire to make mainstream sounding electronic these days actually strive to sound the same as others, since that will lend to more inclusion into online groups and is easier to get acceptance and feel like you're getting somewhere. if you're making some out of line crap that no one cares about you're definitely not going to get as many followers/comments/friends as someone who makes techno. it's basic psychology really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2013 02:47PM by CharlesWatkins.
February 28, 2013 02:54PM
teh apex twins.
February 28, 2013 02:58PM
there is a skrillex feat. damian marley track that's had
over a million plays on soundcloud. it's not a good track.
there are 1776 comments on the clip.
[soundcloud.com] is marley's soundcloud.
March 01, 2013 02:43AM
perrencecoriander
Whose to say Drukqs wasnt a load of old out takes ? the guy has tons of music he has even said he wouldnt release his best stuff thats just for him and his dog.

When asked why 'Drukqs' was a double album, RDJ once stated that the only reason it got released was because he lost a whole stack of mini-disc copies of various tracks and demos on a flight once, and as he wasn't sure what tracks had been lost he cobbled together a double album's worth of all that random material "just in case it ever leaked".

That story could just be typical tongue-in-cheek RDJ bollocks to wind up the journalist he was talking to at the time (such as the other corker as there's been several Aphex Twin albums ready to go since, but he "just can't be fucked to do any artwork for them!"). But considering he'd only actually released two collections that could be described as purposely written "albums", and not just EPs or compilations prior to 'Drukqs' (and his only release as Aphex Twin after that was called "23 Mixes For Cash"), it's kinda hard to think of RDJ as an "album" artist anyway - despite how seminal "I Care Because You Do" and "Richard D. James album" are.

I wouldn't be surprised if that age old question of "When you doing a new album, Richard?" is exactly what's kept him from releasing anymore since. He's probably thinking "shit, people think I write actual albums!?"

In a way, it's a shame he didn't start his career nowadays. He'd be like a pig in shit if he'd have ever properly embraced the chaos, short attention span and rapid turn around for single tracks of the digital market, and just released shit instantly online the moment they're done.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2013 02:45AM by Bit-Phalanx.
March 01, 2013 07:37AM
Dudez- I just listened to like 500 dubstep/moombahton/moombahcore/moombahanus/joomlacmscore/trap tracks, and 80% have "go, go, go, go, go" in them. It sucks because as in my ultra hit track from 1987, amen a go go, a used tons of ghey gos. Now I feel fucking retarded if I use gos. It's like being a fit Japanese dude in 1975 California, and then in 1983 sushi and working out become popular, and you can't even eat sushi anymore cuz everyone thinks you're trying to be cool, with all your rice shit and muscles shit.

Fucking planet mu- I'm gonna send 50 hours of me going GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOGOGOGGOGO.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2013 07:38AM by peace ♥.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login